Blog Archive

Saturday, November 12, 2011

My week 7 reflection



Students learn by their own with teachers’ support

During this week I have been able to keep analyzing and studying the way I usually teach my kids and the comments from experts have helping me to see what do I need to improve in terms of teaching and applying technology in my classes. The good way computers, technology are used into classes and the ideas offered by some articles about how to use them have given me more variety of lesson plans to implement here in my school. I could see that not only in my country we face the problem of not having lab sometimes or not having more than one computer, and that was excellent to see some activities people have done to face and deal with this problem.

It is hard to say it but, it is in our hands our students’ development. It is our responsibility to teach students to become independent and autonomous from teachers. To make them being part of their learning system. We can create wonderful classes but if we are not encouraged to carry out a nice class we transmit that feeling to our students. If we think that activity does not worth it, our students receive that feeling indirectly. So, it is our mission to keep doing a good job.

I remember when I did not have access to internet at school, I was always creative in bringing videos, vcr, record players, magazines, newspapers in English, and everything that can facilitate grammar explanation and practice. I remember those days; I now compared how it was 10 years ago to now. I am the same person with more abilities to work in different fields and with different type of students. Now, I can improvise if something fails from computers, copies, quizzes, presentations or any thing that may affect what I planned to do. Now, I am sure that technology is only another tool to help us in our ways of teaching.

One of the videos I really like to see to encourage myself doing great things and effort in my teaching life is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mirxkzkxuf4&feature= related we have one life, one chance to do good things, so, never say we cannot do it. As good teachers we always can. This is our cooperation with life environment and development.







1 comment:

  1. Hello Yariela,

    First of all, i would like to say that this post is very motivating and also inspiring. Thank you!

    Especially during this week, also I have analyzed and reflected very much the way I teach my students, as we had the opportunity to read and learn more how to use one computer in class and what activities to organize. Since, at the moment, the only possibility for me to use technology in class in one computer, during this week I have got many ideas what to improve in my teaching and how to use one computer in class more effectively. Even though at the beginning, it was a bit "hard" for me to apply technology in class (since there is no internet at school), I agree with you that that our stundents' development depends on us as teachers, and of course, as you say, if we are not encouraged to carry out a nice class we transmit that feeling to our students. But I think that we as teachers must have always the courage to transmit "positive energy" in our classes.

    Warm regards,
    Blerta

    P.S. Unfortunately, the link you posted did not work so, I couldn't watch this motivating video. But, however, your post is very motivating.

    ReplyDelete