Blog Archive

Monday, October 24, 2011

Alternative Assessment!


According to experts, we always try to see our students proficiency and the way they perform the new language. sometimes we are concern about giving or not the right tools to our students to be able to perform well out of the classroom. If we are trying to connect the language to a more meaningful environment and if we are trying to make more pleasant and great classes, this is one of the changes we should make.

I learned today that Technology must be connected to an appropriate way of being developed, PBL is one of the great approaches to link technology in order to have a more reliable learning of the language of the students whose main purspose is to be able to use the language by themselves, and for real resons in their dayli lives.

We as teachers need to work on rubrics and checklists to be appropriate to what our objectives are. If we are able to do that we can have a great and clear guide of where we are moving and going with our students through the development of the task assigned.

I love teaching and creating my rubrics to be focused not on lessons from the book but to tasks and real objectives for my students is a challenge and it is rewarding.

As I kept reading the articles I could find more new tools, and there webquest appears. This resource is excellent to be used with EFL or ESL classes that last more than a month, you can keep a record and file your students work and you can have the task more organized and with more clear objectives, and also, it can be used from home on line.

I was reading www.webquest.org and I clicked about the uses of resources and look what I found!: something I taught last month : Because of Winn-Dixie webquest. I read with my students this reading as part of the readings from the quarter and I could see how can a webquest can be created with the objectives of this chapter. http://www.readingonline.org/electronic/elec_index.asp?HREF=/electronic/boswell I must say that in a few hours I learn more than in some classes I had to study at university in my teaching career.

Thanks to Robert and all for sharing every single thing here.

I will keep working on my own learning to be a better teacher,




1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs Yariela i am abraham , i have read your work and found it very nice . I have spent much time watching the video about teaching reading . This is my goal for my students . They have many difficulties to read .so i am trying to help them to read carefully . i will try to follow certain of your experiences that i saw in the video
    best Rgards

    ReplyDelete