Blog Archive

Friday, October 14, 2011

Discussion » WHAT IS OUR ENVIRONMENT LIKE? DO YOU LIKE IT? HOW TO KEEP IT LIKE THAT?

Discussion » WHAT IS OUR ENVIRONMENT LIKE? DO YOU LIKE IT? HOW TO KEEP IT LIKE THAT?

sharing with you a site I have found useful. www.voxopop.com

According to what I read in our articles on this week, we are getting more receptive about the changes in methodologies and strategies which include and involve the use of computer to help teachers when planning and apply activities in Language Classes. One of the newest things for me was the clear explanation about CALL, I had read about that but I was kind of affraid in failing during the process of applying this in my classes. I think these atuthors express a similar final opinion, the world is changing and moving by technology, students learn more by being exposed to the language in real situations and the final goal is to make them be part of their own learning.

Have you tried voxopop? what about the other mentioned on the list? "voicethread"?

have a nice day.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Yariela,

    Yes, I absolutly agree with you that students learn more by being exposed to the language in real situation and I just had it more clear last week when my students had the chance to speak directly to some American visitors who came to our school. But unfortunately, there aren't always such situations where they can practice their English, and because of this, I think that we as teachers must try to plan the lessons based on real situations, so that they can use directly the language.

    Warm regards,
    Blerta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blerta,

    Great to read your message. Here in Nicaragua we have similar issues like the one you mention. We need more tools for speaking and listening due to the fact that students cannot have access to real situations out of the classroom.

    We can make a collections of strategies to add links, lesson plans and stuff like that to improve our teaching process. That idea came up right now when I read your comment.

    Thanks Blerta for visiting my blog.

    Regards,

    Yariela

    ReplyDelete