Blog Archive

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Final project is being in progress


My final project, week 6

I am sharing with you some of the things I am beginning to implement according to what I describe of my project. Kids and parents are being very open to these changes. It is hard and challenging but I think it will be rewarding at the end for both, my students learning and my teaching development.
We have started to use e-mail communication and homework (kids and teacher). So, now it is not only an e-mail between parents and teachers asking and answering questions about kids development but now, kids are beginning to make use of e-mails to send opinions, and homework. Also, we had the first pilot project of picture story-telling in class. They have been demonstrated they have certain skills with the use of cameras, downloading pictures, selecting pictures, using the language when recording their voices and self-correction in pronunciation. Of course, it was a short story telling of one or two minutes but I am surely they learned a lot. They had already written the story of one full page in their notebook of journal but it was great to see them writing in a brief report the story they created.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Yariela:
    Great blog. It is interesting to see that the changes you have already implemented have very positive results even though it is really difficult for the kids to maintain email communication. Hope you find it motivating among your students more and more.

    Nice visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete